Get your New York Ramen game straight by owning all these top noodle levels. Go Play.
Best New York Ramen Places
- Level 1: Bassanova 75 Mott Street, Manhattan
- What // Go a little outside the Japanese box by ordering the Tondaki Wadashi Green Curry Ramen.
- Pro // They are in like every ‘Best Ramen’ list on the internet ever made.
- Level 2: Momofuku 171 1st Ave, Manhattan
- What // Try their original: the Momofuku Ramen. The dish consists of the big three P’s: Pork belly, Pork shoulder and Poached egg.
- Pro // Dessert are from Milk Bar. YASSSS!
- Level 3: Ivan Ramen 25 Clinton Street, Manhattan
- What // The Chicken Dan Dan offers you aromatic sesame oil, pickled garlic, egg yolk, wholewheat noodles and, oh yes, spiced chicken.
- Pro // The menu has a LOT of noodle add-ons, which is a GOOD thing. Bok choy, nori… You name it, the have it.
- In a hurry // Visit the small menu Slurp Shop on Gotham West Market (Hell’s Kitchen area) for a quick noodle fest.
- Level 4: Mu Ramen 12-09 Jackson Ave, Long Island City
- What // Why don’t you take the spicy miso, you little daredevil? I know you want to!
- Pro // You pre-burn the calories you’re gonna earn later by slurping, because this bae’s in LIC.
- Level 5: Ippudo 65 4th Ave, Manhattan / 321 West 51st Street, Manhattan
- What // If you likes your spices, take the Wasabi Shoyu Ramen. Full of veggies and, as the dish name suggests, wasabi. Aiaiai!
- Pro // A very large menu, including well priced Japanese themed drinks (talking sake, gin and grapefruit juice p.e.)
- Level 6: Yuji Ramen 150 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn
- What // Forget that Ramen and take what Yuji is famous for: the Mazemen (go for Bacon & Egg, please). Ok, if you must have Ramen, they have enough delicious options.
- Pro // Everything looks so pretty! They have a pink menu on their website, COME ON!
- Level 7: Ramen Lab 70 Kenmare Street, Manhattan
- What // Yum yum, fishy fishy and chicky chicky with the Asari Tori Shio Ramen. Several sorts of clams and chicken go alongside a lot of Japanese named things I can’t remember but really sound gooood.
- Pro // Weekly changing menu, so you will always be surprised.
- Level 8: Ganso 25 Bond Street, Brooklyn
- What // Who can say no to something called Triple Shrimp?
- Pro // They’re also dominating BK with their sushi and yaki. Plus, they have daily changing menus, which you can check in advance on Facebook.
More of a burger boy? Top notch burger spots are to be found here.