The City has to offer a lot, you know that. But what if I say there is also a lot of awesomeness you didn’t know about? Don’t believe me? Just watch!
- Whispering Gallery // What are all those people doing, standing with their noses towards the corner like they are 5 and being punished? I’ll tell you why: they are whispering words to the person in the corner diagonally across of them. Also want to whisper loveydovey words into a corner and find out yourself? Visit the Whispering Walls in Grand Central Terminal.
- The Berlin Wall // Wait, whuuuttt? Yes, ladies and gents. A real piece of Berlin Wall in the City. See for yourself at 520 Madison Avenue.
- Narrowest House of New York // We all know Paris and Amsterdam are famous for it’s small houses, but New York is a great 3rd. Right in Greenwich Village (the place of great architectural loveliness) you can admire this piece of mural eyecandy. 75 1/2 Bedford Street. Bonus: you are now footsteps away from the Friends Apartment (101 Bedford Street)
- Subway on the Sidewalk // Lost you subway map? Stop crying! Just stroll your way down to SoHo and take a good look at the floor on 110 Green Street. Because there is a huge subway map incorporated in the sidewalk. Awesomeooo!
- Secret Subway Exit // Let’s stay in the subway area, because there is more subway sexiness to discover. On 58 Joralemon Street in Brooklyn you’ll find what seems to the eye as a cute brownstone, but in fact this lovely house in hiding subway lines 4 and 5 behind it.
- Times Square Birds View // Probably not a secret for you if you’re a lounge fan, but (for example) the R Lounge of the Renaissance Hotel has one of the most gorgeous top down views of the metropolitanness of the City.
- Roosevelt Island Aerial Tramway // Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It’s the high above the ground tramway to Roosevelt Island. Catch some beautiful views of Manhattan and the East River. Just one metro ticket away!
- Lovely Quotes @ Central Park Benches // Sob your heart out at Central Park. Take a closer look at the benches, because 1/3rd of them (and that’s a LOT) has metal plates with very endearing quotes on it.